The Leachco Back ‘N Belly – Contoured Body Pillow is a pillow that supports the whole body of a pregnant woman when she’s lying on her side or back. Its one-of-a-kind design and shapes cradles the back and belly. It also lifts up the head to prevent reflux.
The Benefits of Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
Sleeping can be difficult when one is pregnant primarily because of the growing fetus inside the womb. A pregnant woman who is used to sleeping on her back or even on her stomach will have a hard time sleeping on her side, which is recommended by doctors. Changing position while sleeping can also very difficult, especially when the pregnancy progresses.
The pillow is made of polyester which makes it cozy and cuddly yet providing firm support. It comes with a washable pillow case. It prevents sciatica, pain in the lower limbs caused by compression or irritation of the nerve roots affecting the sciatic nerve; carpal tunnel; nasal congestion; and heartburn.
As the fiber of the pillow consists of 35% cotton and 65% polyester it provides soft yet compact support to the back as well as the belly of would-be mother.
It’s smartly designed inner curve is ideally suited for the natural silhouette of the pregnant women. It’s supremely suited for giving the back and belly support. The pillow is easy to clean and wash. The pillow cover is removable but you might have a hard time removing it so additional help is needed.
One of the advantages of Leachco Back ‘N Belly – Contoured Body Pillow is its versatility. A pregnant woman can twist and turn it until she is comfortable. She can lie on top of the horseshoe shape and hug the other end. When she needs to turn, she doesn’t need to turn the pillow with her.
The pillow will still give her the same comfort it gave while she was on her original position. The ends pillow can also be tucked together as a “double decker” head support. One can also lie on her back and still be comfortable. No matter how a pregnant woman likes to sleep, the inner contours of the pillow support the natural curved shape of the body.
Although, some taller women (those who are 5’7” or taller) complain that it doesn’t fit them perfectly. The curves of the pillow do support their backs and bellies. They stick out at all the wrong places which make sleeping difficult.
The body pillow has the additional attributes of having the usability in postnatal periods as it gives great support to the mother to feed the baby providing the ample support to her neck, back along with arm support to keep the baby in correct posture for feeding.
- Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow is elegantly designed to suit the natural form of the body that the pregnant woman can sleep comfortably without bothering about the need to reposition the pillow while changing the sides
- Made from 100% polyester material fill. Gives adequate support to the head
- This body pillow can also be used after your pregnancy
- Helps in giving elevation to hips and thereby providing relief to pain in the knee points
- The pillow comes with machine washable pillow cover
- Provides great support for your head, back and hips
- Huge size. It measures 51 x 33.5 x 8.8 inches
- It occupies much of the bed leaving less space for the husband to sleep on, especially if the bed is small. However, for king or queen size beds this should not be a problem except of course when one is claustrophobic.
- The pillow case is difficult to change. Because of the unique shape of the pillow, it is a struggle taking out the case to wash it but it is more difficult to put the pillow case back.
As the size of the belly of the pregnant mother enhances there is an increase in the strain on the neck, shoulders, back, knees and the result of all this is cramps in the legs and swelling in the feet. This calls for the aid of specifically designed pillow which can help to overcome all the problems. Thus, Leachco Back ’N Belly Contoured Body Pillow is there to deal with all the requirements of pregnant woman.
The both ends of the pillow can be reversed to enable the pregnant woman to relax comfortably and reduce the problem of snoring which is quite a common trouble during pregnancy. On the whole, this pillow is worth the price as its uniquely crafted features assure generous support to the pregnant woman.