Updated last December 9, 2016. If you’re indeed honored to perform the most important task for the future of civilization, in other words, getting pregnant, then, it’s even more crucial that you choose only the best pregnancy pillow for you. Why?
Because You do not want to have more body pains, more stress and more sleepless nights during your pregnancy. You always need to be comfortable especially at night that is why choosing only the best body pillow will help you a lot. Did you know that these body pillows can also be used even if you are not pregnant?
What can we do to assist you during the most sensitive part of your life? We provided guides, honest reviews, the good and the bad of each product, and tips for choosing the right full body pregnancy pillow that you can use throughout your wonderful pregnancy journey
- Top 5 Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
- 1) Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
- 2) Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
- 3) Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
- 4) Comfort-U Total Body Pillow with White Case
- 5) Oversized – Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
- Maternity Pillow Buying Guide
Top 5 Best Pregnancy Body Pillows
Comfort is a big thing for any pregnant woman, especially when sleeping on your side is the only option you have. Maternity body pillows are the most common solution that many women turn to, and there are many different variations and shapes available. When you want the best maternity pillows, comfort and flexibility are the major deciding factors.
Below is a list of best-selling maternity body pillows from respectable brands in the world. We provided in-depth reviews of each product so you will have an easier time to decide which best body pillow is right for you.
|Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow||The best selling body pillow!|
Great for supporting the hips, back, neck and tummy.
|Check Price on Amazon Now|
|Leachco Back 'N Belly Contoured Body Pillow||Equal support for the back and tummy.||Check Price on Amazon Now|
|Today's Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow||Specially made to caress the natural carves of the body.||Check Price on Amazon Now|
|Comfort-U Total Body Pillow w/white case ||Hypoallergenic. Always soft and fluffy thanks to the Fusion Fiber technology.||Check Price on Amazon Now|
|Oversized - Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow- Full Support||A huge pillow! Offers total body support. Filled with Super Soft Microfiber Polyester. Comes with zippered cover.||Check Price on Amazon Now|
1) Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow
During the stage of pregnancy, women tend to buy the best available product in the market for their babies, and even before that they want the most comfortable product for them as well because pregnancy is not an easy job.
Most women do not manage to find or know the best available pregnancy pillows for on the market and end up hurting their body.
Leachco is one of the best brands that I have come across, specialize in maternity comfort tools and are highly reputed.
The Snoogle is one of the best pregnancy pillows in the market for expecting mothers. It is one of the best-selling pregnancy pillows on an online retail store. The reviews on Amazon justify their comfort as well.
Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow is a beautifully designed pillow for expecting mothers. The C-shape design helps the big belly to relax and relieves stress from it. Their patented design was developed by a registered nurse and a mother.
This pillow has a unique design which helps you cuddle the belly reducing the body heat because of the accurate position of the pad. The pillow cover is very smooth to the skin, giving comfort and it is removable and changeable if you feel like changing it.
How to snoogle
Below is a guide on how to use the snoogle correctly.
- The pillow is designed in a horseshoe manner which perfectly fits the belly
- The pillow is big enough to fit any body type which is not that often available on other pillows
- The pillow can be positioned to support the neck more which calms your body muscles down
- It can help prevent joint pains because it can be placed to elevate hip and other lower bones
- It is also shaped to follow your body’s natural shape and contour
- Body heat is reduced because of the perfect positioning of the belly
- Eliminates the use of multiple pillows
- Changing sides while sleeping is more comfortable
- After giving birth, you can still use the pillow to nurse your baby
- As you can see in the snoogle guide, you can twist and turn the pillow – perfect for any position
- It has a changeable cover so that you can put on the one you feel comfortable with
- May take a lot of space to fit on the bed
- Changing covers can be a tiring task
- It is sometimes hard to position
There are so many obvious reasons why the Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow is the best rated and best-selling maternity body pillow. But speaking it in a neutral way, the product is excellent considering its features and comfort and is definitely worth a try for troubled sleeper and joint pains.
This pillow does not take much time to fit into and when it adjusted your body system will feel relaxed and stress-free. A must have if you ask us!
2) Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow
Leachco Back ‘N Belly Contoured Body Pillow is another best selling product by Leachco in the market today. They have many satisfied customers who have created a good market reputation for them.
The reason why anyone should use Leachco Back ‘N Belly Pillow is because the pillow is designed for pregnant woman’s belly, the pillow is aligned to fit any body type into that pillow.
The pillow helps you keep the belly at the right angle which increases your comfort and helps you sleep better. The pillow is U-shaped, which helps the women to shift her position from one side to another very easily.
- The pillow is well designed to hence improving breathing problems as the pillow helps elevate the head, improving your respiratory system
- It contributes fighting and lessen sciatica, gastric reflux, congestion, fibromyalgia, and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Can be adjusted to your needs and it can be positioned to support your back as well as your head at the same time improving comfort for the mother
- Pillow can also be adjusted to align the hip reducing joint pain and improving digestion
- The pillow has a very large dimension, and it can fit for any type of women
- The U-shape prevents any kind of body pain, reducing stress on the belly
- The pillow can be shaped to support other positions, especially elevation of the head
- The seams of the pillow are one of the biggest drawbacks, it takes up a big amount of space for the pillow
- The pillow, although comfortable is thick, which does not feel comfortable for some people
- This pillow cannot fit into a normal bed which makes it unusable for most people
- A bit expensive (depends on your budget)
The thing is, every product has flaws in it, but it also has its advantages which are greater than its disadvantages which makes this pillow useful in most of the cases. You can simply turn from side to side, fights body aches and pains, no doubt this pillow is one of the best in the market. Although a bit expensive, it is made by one of the most reputable brands out there, you will surely have peace of mind when you decided to buy this body pillow.
See also: Best Leachco Body Pillows
3) Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow
The double sided design of Today’s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow allows you to move freely during the night without losing that comfortable feeling.
Moreover, it is able to follow your body`s shape, which provides support to all the areas on your body that are prone to suffer from tension. Another reason why this pillow is so popular is the fact that it diminishes the pain one can resent after a day has passed.
It allows the body to relax and to get rid of everyday stress due to its cozy design. Furthermore, it lets you to move from side to side without the need to move the pillow itself. Also, it keeps its shape no matter what happens, which represents a big plus.
Shoulder Comfort System is obviously, perfect for your shoulder. It supports it by following your shoulders natural contour that will help you to sleep better. It also has this square head rest area that allows your head to rest easily.
It adapts quickly to your needs and it actually has an area designated for sleeping. This square part allows your head o rest easily on the comfortable zone. Did you know that this pillow can be used after the pregnancy period, too? Well, the fact is this pillow is perfect for feeding the baby.
It is a great aid for breastfeeding the baby because this pillow supports both you and your baby. It will make the entire process easier and the baby will feel good on this pillow.
Lastly, a unique characteristic of this product is that it comes with the possibility to unzip the cover and wash it. This lets you clean it quickly and use it as many times as you wish.
- Great for lumbar support, say goodbye to back pains
- Supports the mother’s whole weight while she sleeps or napping
- Square head rest area is large and really helpful
- Easy to remove zipper- cover
- You can also use this to nurse your baby
- Made of 50% polyester and 50% cotton, soft and fluffy
- Smaller mothers might find this a little uncomfortable for due to its large size
- May be too soft for some people
- Fabric has a slightly rough texture on it
- The pillow is a little hot and you may experience some over heating at night
- For hygienic reasons you cannot return the pillow
Today`s Mom Cozy Comfort Pregnancy Pillow is a good buy if you want a large pillow that will support your whole body. It is also great in supporting your back and shoulders because of its Shoulder Comfort System. Some users also find that this pillow is a little hot and uncomfortable.
4) Comfort-U Total Body Pillow with White Case
The Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow immerses you in a cushioned cocoon of fluff and soft fibers with its revolutionary stuffing design.
The fibers are flexible enough to conform to your body shape, but the symmetrical linking means there’s little to no space between them, so your neck, back and legs have a firm support all through the night.
The design wraps completely around your body in a U-shape to prevent tossing and turning during the night, which has caused many to lose sleep.
- It helps with anything from insomnia and body aches to spine alignment and discomfort from pregnancy
- The pillow conforms to any body shape and maintains its firm, fluffy structure
- It’s totally hypoallergenic, so those with sensitive skin have nothing to fear
- The pillow, although firm, weighs only 2.9 pounds. You can easily move it to another room, onto the floor, or wherever you like without having to worry that it’s too heavy
- You won’t wake up sweating during the night; the pillow is highly heat-resistant, so it stays cool for your entire sleeping session
- The product is almost three feet wide and five feet long on each side.
- It’s machine washable
- Comfort U is a bit expensive when compared with similar products from other companies
- In order to wash the pillow, you have to take it to the laundromat and use a commercial-size washer. The pillow is very large and won’t fit in a regular washing machine
- The pillow gets soft too quickly. This may be due to the type of stuffing chosen. There are two types: Fossfill and Fusion Fiberfill. Fossfill is the firmer type
- This product is not ideal for those who are sharing a bed with another person. The pillow takes up too much room
Whether you suffer from fibromyalgia or just want a more comfortable pillow to sleep on, the Comfort U Total Body Support Pillow lives up to its name. It provides cushion and support for all parts of your body, even your ankles and feet. For those going through a pregnancy or who are dealing with chronic back pain, this pillow is a godsend.
5) Oversized – Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow
Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow is one BIG pillow. Measuring 19 inches thick this oversized pillow is ideal for women in any stage of their pregnancy.
Sleeping on your side with a maternity pillow can help correct your posture and alleviate the pressure on your back and shoulders. Being able to rest the pillow between your legs can take the weight off your hips and finally get you comfortable enough to sleep.
There are many benefits to using the Total Body Pregnancy Maternity Pillow, and because of its oversized design you can use it multiple ways. Plush and soft to the touch, the 400 thread count gives any pregnant women the comfort they are seeking after a long day. The problem with many of today’s maternity pillows is that they lack the length to be properly placed around your body.
At 130 inches long, there’s no configuration or set way you must use this pillow. Set it behind your back, behind your head or between your legs to properly support yourself for a comfortable night’s rest.
Easy to wash and take care of, this pregnancy pillow is manufactured from microfiber polyester and comes with a removable cover. How easy is it to maintain this body pillow? When you need to wash this maternity pillow, simply unzip the cover and machine wash.
If you are allergic to polyester or want replacement covers however, you will need to purchase those separately. Improper care or washing this pillow incorrectly can lead to the materials inside clumping together or the body pillow becoming lumpy. If this happens to your body pillow, it will be increasingly difficult to even out the distribution of the pillow stuffing.
- A big and long pillow that will provide full body support – from head to toe
- Comes with free zippered cover
- This pillow is long enough to fit all sizes and all stages of pregnancy
- Easy to wash and maintain
- Firm and will hold its form very well
- You can sleep in different comfortable positions
- Helps to fight or lessens sore muscles, neck pain and back pain
- Improper care or washing this pillow incorrectly can lead to the materials inside clumping together or the body pillow becoming lumpy
- If you are allergic to polyester or want replacement covers however, you will need to purchase those separately
- Some of this products that has been shipped to us were not sown correctly, and there were strings on the seam and the zipper area
- Will not fit on a smaller bed
If you want a big and long pillow, this one is perfect for you. But keep in mind that you will need a bigger bed or else, if you have someone sleeping with you will definitely sleeping on the floor. It is soft and fluffy, thanks to the microfiber stuffing but the seam on this pillow is weak and can be torn easily if you are not careful.
Maternity Pillow Buying Guide
What Is It?
A maternity or pregnancy body pillow is big pillow specially made to provide total support from head to toe so the expectant mother will be in a comfortable sleeping position, allowing them to relax the muscles, improves blood circulation and breathing, lessen or avoid back pain and other body pains.
How to Choose the Right Body Pillow for Pregnancy?
Every woman wants to sleep comfortably especially after the completion of four months of pregnancy because the stomach begins to grow with the growth of baby. A body pillow for pregnancy is something worth spending money on because it is created to relieve the stress of the body and it supports the back of the woman.
The pregnancy pillows are available in different sizes and shapes, some of them only support one part of the body at a time that are known as wedge pregnancy pillows while others support the full body that are known as total body pregnancy pillows and it is upon the user which type she requires. So, how do you select the best pregnancy pillow?
These pillows comes in different forms and categories according to their structures and the part of the body they are meant to help make comfortable. Thus, you will be shocked by the number of pregnancy pillows available to pregnant moms for great relieve experience.
Although it is difficult for you to single out any part of the body that may not experience aches during pregnancy, identifying a part notorious with pains may help you get the right type of pregnancy pillows.
As mentioned earlier, Pregnancy pillows come in different shapes, sizes and features. You may search within your local market or online for a specific type of maternity pillows. Also, you can take some time to read our reviews for these types of pillows and note the specific body areas each of them addresses. Below are some pillow types to consider:
- Full body pillows that provides whole body support like Leachco products
- There are also compact pillows like the Leachco Snoogle Mini. They are small pillows that targets certain parts of your body. They are much lighter and you can easily move around while using them
- The U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow is uniquely designed to provide full balance for your body, like your back and belly
Pregnancy body pillows comes with many different materials or fillings and you have the power to choose what you really want. Take note that some of the pillows are heavily stuffed with them which make them really hard and uncomfortable. While some are stuffed just about right.
Styrofoam ball filling
Styrofoam balls are small balls and the pregnancy pillows with the filing of these balls are not heavy in weight, they are great because they can take the body shape of the user without any issue. The great thing about the Styrofoam ball pregnancy pillows is that they are available at cheap rates but the problem with them is that they make noise when the user turn her side on bed.
Pregnancy pillows containing the filling of Micro-beads are light in weight; it feels like the pillows are filled with sand because these make the user comfortable by adapting the shape of the body. The pillows filled with Micro-beads make a bit noise but that is tolerable.
Polyester fiber filling
Pregnancy pillows with the Polyester fiber filling are soft and the firmness of the pillow containing it depends on the amount of filing material used in it, the main advantage of purchasing Polyester fiber filling pillow is that it doesn’t irritate the user by making noise.
Memory foam filling
The pregnancy pillows with memory foam in them is firm and when the user place it beneath the body, it takes the shape of her body as the weight presses it but it again comes to its original position when it is not in use. There is no issue of noise so the pregnant women can purchase it without worrying about the noise that some other filling materials create.
Natural and organic filling
Organic pregnancy pillows contain organically grown materials for the pregnant women who don’t feel comfortable in using the materials that are not natural. The smell of the pillows with natural filling is different from the pillows containing man-made materials filling.
The natural materials used for the filling of pregnancy pillows can be:
The Pregnancy Pillow Explained
A pregnancy pillow is the best way to relieve your aching back and get a decent night’s sleep. It is very important to get plenty of rest during pregnancy. Daily routines will become more and more tiring as you get further into your pregnancyAt this point you will find that good pillows come in very handy.
A maternity pillow will relieve your pains and help you to rest your body in a comfortable position. This will allow you to enjoy the experience of being pregnant. It’s also good news for the baby, when you feel good, you can be sure that your baby feels good too.
There are many designs of pregnancy pillows on the market each one designed to suit a woman’s shape. Most are designed to rest between the woman’s legs, separating her knees as she lays on her side. This type of pillow is useful if you tend to sleep on one side or another.
Another type loops around the woman’s shoulder so that her arms and her knees both remain separate during sleep and take pressure off of her abdomen. The closed loop pillow goes between the knees, in front of the chest, over the shoulder and down the back to the knees again. This type of maternity pillow allows room for movement, if you tend to switch side to get comfortable this might be a pillow design for you.
Look out for the total body pillow, the figure 8 design cushions the whole body. The curve that goes between your knees helps your body control temperature by keeping your legs separate. It then curves under your abdomen to provide support for your bump. The pillow continues upward toward your shoulders, looping under your head, offering perfect support.
These pillows can be used before and after birth. They are great for nursing the baby, the pillow can be propped to get you or your partner in a comfortable position to feed easily. A Pregnancy Pillow will aid sleepMaternity pillows can be used to secure your baby while you take care of some housework or cook a meal.
Even when your baby is asleep, you may find that the pregnancy pillow still offers a perfect sleeping environment for your body as you recuperate. Many pillows come with accessories such as blankets and removable slipcovers that make washing or cleaning your pillow an easy task. Do not suffer from lack of sleep during the most important time of you and your baby’s lives. Get yourself a pregnancy pillow and enjoy the rest and support you deserve.
Soft or Firm Maternity Body Pillow
Many individuals like the pillows that are soft but it is better to purchase a pregnancy pillow that is firm because it gives additional support to the whole body. Also remember that firm body pillows can also be a little soft and fluffy at the same time. It is important that the pregnant woman should choose what pillow can really make her comfortable while sleeping, taking a nap or just wants to relax.
Patented C-Shape design pillow that follows your body’s contour while supporting your back and belly.